Thursday, June 14, 2012

June

Owen has been enjoying a fabulous month.  He has continued to make his presence known in our house.  Just last night, I got up at 11:30pm because he woke me up.  He was making so much noise I thought I should go and help Pete.  When I got downstairs, I discovered Owen squawking away on the couch perfectly happy.   In addition to his improving vocal abilities, he is also having a lot of fun playing.  Here is what Owen has been up to:
Entertaining us with some tunes

Swinging high and loving it in our backyard!

Showing off his artwork created on the microfiber of our couch

Playing at the park

Celebrating Memorial Day on our deck

Quick snooze break while playing in his gym
There is a magic hour after Ellie goes to bed where it is just me, Owen, and Pete.  This is one of my favorite times of the day.  Over the past few weeks, he has just been happy hanging with us on the couch while we catch up on our day.  This is a new favorite picture that Pete captured of me and Owen:

Last night, Owen and Pete helped our niece, Jillian, celebrate her installation into office of Rainbow.  This is a group who dedicates their time to volunteering and raising money for charities.  Jillian selected The Tiny Sparrow Foundation as the charity her group will be focusing on raising money for over the next few months.  We are very proud of her.  Here is a picture of Jill and Owen last night:


And this is a picture of Owen just plain being adorable.  He is very good at it.



2 comments:

  1. Sommer - What a wonderful document of your little man's journey. I hope you do not mind but I have been following your blog for a few months and just spent the morning catching up on all blog posts. I first saw your blog on the Tiny Sparrow Foundation website/Facebook page. My cousin and her beautiful family are very thankful for the Tiny Sparrow Foundation as they had fabulous family pictures taken in October just a few months before their little Benjamin passed away. Ever since I have been following other families on the site because in my mind it is one of the most wonderful foundations for families.

    I am reading your blog while holding my 2-month old son in the NICU. He has a very, very rare chromosome abnormality which greatly delays development. It is amazing to me how so many little ones start off with challenges. I had many of the same feelings you expressed about wanted to make him as comfortable as we can for as long as we can. We do not have any idea about life expectancy as the range varies but it just makes us realize how important each day truly is for our family.

    Thank you for sharing you journey. Even though I do not know you and our sons have very different diagnosis it makes me feel more connected to other families who have been blessed with extra special little ones.

    We have blog as well documenting our little munchkin if you are ever bored looking for something to read :) Can a mother of two ever truly be bored - I doubt it.
    http://growingupgawel.blogspot.com/

    Cheers,
    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete